Monday, March 24, 2008

Hampi en Holi

Jihaaaoooooo Holi Festival !!
Haha

Lakshmi the temple Elephant at Virupaksha coming back from her daily scrub in the river ...

Madam take my picture !!!

Arab lady in a Rickshaw...

Me at Mango Tree, Hampi, India...

Me and Asha, she is 17 years old and is owner of the guesthouse I stay in together with her mother. Her brother is a Rickshaw driver here in Hampi, her 2 sisters died giving childbirth and her father died 4 years ago. Its a sad story but they are lovely and cheerful people.. and Asha is a beautiful woman..

Bigger than an Olympic swimmingpool, this was the bathing place of the people living in Hampi over 500 years ago
The Holi Procession starts ....

Holi is a festival of radiance (Tej) in the universe. During this festival, different waves of radiance traverse the universe, thereby creating various colours that nourish and complement the function of respective elements in the atmosphere....

Anusha and me

Me being sick in Hampi, with high fevers and vomiting for 12 hrs. No doctor needed but it sure was a walk through hell..

The river next to Hampi is aligned with temples ..

Fishing technique used in this river ..

The Kingfisher Birds astonishes me every time I see it ...

Virupaksha temple in hampi is absolutely mindblowing beautiful!

Find the monkey!

No strawberry, I got blessed!!

Il dolce far niente ... (Murali in the foreground, a friend of a friend)

The Konkan railway ..

My 'private' little space on the top bench of the train ...

Virupaksha temple and holy basin .. (filled with litter)

Byebye!! I am going to Hyderabad tonight on a 10hrs busride. Pray for me!!

Love,
C-S

No comments: